From our history
The „Haus zum Rüden“ [house of the hound] was built in 1348. The City of Zurich constructed the ground floor, an open arcade. Above this an association of noblemen built a tavern in which the Council occasionally met with approximately two hundred members between 1348 and 1400.
The impressive feature of this tavern is the magnificent, eleven metre-wide curved wooden ceiling with the carved timber heads, which is today the „Gothic Room“ Restaurant.
Society „zur Constaffel“
Commitee „Zürcher Zünfte“